Aromatic Heart Magic
Your heart has a beat, a sound, a feeling and a very important function. It is a living organ and as with all living organs or organisms, they are full of information, potential and power; all we need to do to tap into that, is to simply tune in!
In order to tune into our heart and discover its magic, its really important to come into the present moment; turn off the endless chitter chatter that goes on in our minds; forget about our perceptions, thoughts and feelings of the past; forget about our fears and concerns of the future; and find a way to stop the negative internal chatter; it’s rarely correct or helpful! Basically, it’s difficult to just stop thinking about something unless we replace it with something and if we can do that, we start to shift our focus and everything changes. That is where the power of smell comes in!
Here is a wonderfully simple ritual for you to try using your favourite essential oils, a simple breathing technique, and a simple meditation.
- Pick your favourite essential oil and if you don’t really know what oil that is, perhaps you could start with Bergamot, Lavender, Geranium, or Frankincense and if you are able to purchase them, Rose or Jasmine.
- Sit in a comfortable position – a chair is perfect – with your spine upright.
- Place your bottle of essential oil in front of you with the top still on.
- Close your eyes and take a 3 deep breaths (this helps you to settle and come to the present moment’s activity)
- Take the top off your bottle of essential oil, bring the bottle to your nose and inhale.
- Sit and inhale the aroma of the essential oil for about 5 minutes returning the top to the bottle every now and again.
- After a few minutes, place the essential oil bottle down, and sit quietly, simply focusing on your breathing trying to maintain deep and slow breaths.
- Still breathing slowly and deeply, bring your attention to your heart space; the centre of your chest.
- Notice anything that you experience. For example, the sound of your heart, the feeling of its beating rhythm, the rise and fall of your chest and/or the position of your heart.
- After a few minutes of focusing on your heart, the air coming in and out of your nose, the rising falling of your chest, ask your heart,
What are your deepest, most positive and empowering desires?
Sit and notice any thoughts, feelings, sensations and experiences that come to pass. Often the first things that you notice are the most important ones. Try not to judge, question or present negatives, just acknowledge whatever positive and empowering things that you notice and experience (if you ask a positive and empowering the question, you demand a positive and empowering answer).
- You can do this for as long as you like, but perhaps spend between 2 and 5 minutes just listening to your heart’s desires.
- To finish off, take the top off your essential oil bottle and bring the bottle to your nose. Sit quietly and inhale the wonderful aroma for 1 more minute.
- Return the top to the bottle, take a deep breath, relax and say “Thank You. I Love You.” (aloud or to yourself).
If it helps, perhaps you might now like to write down your heart’s desires. That way you can refer back to them at any point. And now, more importantly, what are you going to do with the positive and empowering messages that you’ve just received? What are you going to create, change, or do differently? How are you going to fulfill your heart’s desires.
- If it is your favourite oil or one that you really like a lot, good feelings will start to enter your mind, body and spirit and you will find yourself switching off the endless chitter chatter…at least momentarily.
- If the aroma from the bottle is too strong for you, then place 3-4 drops of essential oil on a tissue, handkerchief or cotton wool pad.
- Please check the contraindication (safety data) of the essential oil that you want to use before using it to make sure it is safe for you e.g. rosemary is a great oil but it is contraindicated for people with high blood pressure, epilepsy and during pregnancy. You can do this on my website http://aromatictherapeutics.com/inspiration/essential-oil-contraindications
- The intention of this exercise is not to introduce negativity of any kind which certainly includes any destructive changes to anyone, directly or indirectly. If you focus purely on that which is positive and empowering for you as well as everyone else, the idea is to create more positive, empowering and heartfelt experiences for you as well as anyone else in your life.
Smell is an amazingly creative sense and by using the right aromas, we can begin the process of transformation from negative perceptions to positive and empowering experiences. The power of smell enables us to return to the present moment, slow down, stop, forget about the external world, including the stress, tension, anxiety, fear and worry that it can easily place upon our spirits. The power of smell is so strong that, if it is used correctly, it can, like the most amazing book, transport us to another place, another realm and a higher place of existence.
Combine the power of aromas with your sense of smell, the positive power of creation and potential that is held within us all, with your heart’s desires and start to create the life that you want to live!
If you would like to find out more about the beating rhythm of the heart, its power and importance, more than just its function as a pump, then look into Heart Math through google.
I practice aromatherapy, massage therapy, and intuitive empowerment life coaching. I run workshops and courses and offer eCourses and eKits teaching people about essential oils, how to use essential oils at home & work, how to make natural perfumes, natural skincare, natural body care and natural bath care products. I also make bespoke, handmade perfumes to order. Please visit my website for more information and contact me on 07972 043 922 or email@example.com for more information.