Inhale A Magical Aroma – Listen To Your Heart – Create A Simple Ritual
Alleviate Stress, Anxiety, Tension, Fear, And Worry
Are you stressed, tense, or anxious? Are you worried and do you sometimes live in or with fear? Would you like to find some simple and effective ways of managing that and living a happier, healthy more stress-free existence? Well I’d like to explain how essential oils and how listening to your heart can help you.
If we cannot and do not look after ourselves, we find it very difficult to look after other people or other things; stress, tension, anxiety, fear and worry are huge obstacles that stand in our way.
But why are we stressed, anxious or tense and why are we afraid or worried?
- We have busy diaries, lots of commitments, and vast responsibilities
- Our “To-Do” lists never seem to get less and always seem to grow
- Other people at work, home and in the community have expectations of us and we of them
- We carry with us memories of the past, of things that have happened, of things people have told us, of things we’ve told ourselves…often negative
- We are uncertain about the future and what it might hold
- Things happen to us that we struggle to deal with
- We have bills to pay, a lifestyle to finance and our satisfactions to serve
- We need to ensure that our loved ones, family and friends, bosses and colleagues, clients, customers and patients are looked after and served
Does any of this resonate with you? I am sure that you can add to this list with ideas of your own.
What I notice about stress, tension, anxiety, fear and worry is that all of it exists in the external world, we somehow embody and hold onto it and this is then manifested as stress. The thing is,
- Our memories of the past are rarely accurate and are more imagination than fact
- The future has not happened yet and is merely a figment of our imagination
- The things people tell us are often untrue
- The negative things we tell ourselves are often nonsense
- All of the other things in life – bills, finances, people, diary commitments – can wait, whether you believe it or not.
The difficulty is, when we are in one, or multiple, of these states it is very difficult to come back to ourselves, to sit quietly, to reflect, to switch off and to relax
It doesn’t need to be that way! No matter how busy you are!
When we are stressed and tense, or anxious our heart rate speeds up, blood pressure rises, our breath becomes shallow and fast, our muscles become tense, especially around the eyes, jaw and shoulders. We tend to eat convenience or comfort foods and over time aches and pains creep in. It is very hard to switch off, rest, relax and sleep and we tend to rely more on stimulants or harmful chemicals to help us through the day – coffee, tobacco and alcohol.
Think about what all of this is doing to your heart! How often do we think about, focus on, and make ourselves aware of our hearts?
The heart pumps blood around the body, transporting with it oxygen, carbon dioxide, vitamins, minerals, immune receptor cells and much more to ensure that the organs of our body can function properly and healthily. When we are under stress, it is placed under stress and as a result, so is the rest of our body which is why we often suffer from things like psoriasis, eczema, digestive complaints, aches & pains and more easily suffer from coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms.
Does any of this sound familiar?
So, what if you could listen to your heart, spend a bit of time focusing on your heart and at the same time do something that can help you to slow down, deepen your breathing, lower your heart rate and blood pressure and lift your spirits?
If we can create some time and space to sit and listen, to breath, to come back to ourselves and to centre, we will find out how much easier to is to function in life, to do well in life and to be happy and healthy in life. We will also discover how much our intuition can help us with our life at home, work and in the community. We just need a little bit of help to do that and that’s where essential oils come in.
Essential oils help us come back to centre, come back to the present moment, help us to breath deeply, easily and slowly, lift our spirits, encourage more positive thoughts & emotions and they help us to create a greater sense of conscious awareness as we inhale the wonderful aromas. Once we come back to centre and start to slow down, we can begin to tune into our hearts, the centre of our body, the core of our energy, the link between lower chakras, the earthly energies (base, sacral and solar plexus) and upper chakras, the universal, cosmic, and intuitive energies (throat, third eye and crown chakras).
Essential oils Frankincense (boswellia carteri), Ylang Ylang (cananga odorata), and Lavender (lavendula angustifolia) are wonderful oils to use to reduce stress, tension and anxiety and alleviate feelings of worry and fear.
- Frankincense (boswellia carteri) slows down and deepens our breathing which helps the process of slowing down the beating rhythms of the heart, reducing blood pressure and heart rate. It is also a cephalic which is a quality that stills and clarifies the mind, boosting focus and concentration. Frankincense has been used for 1,000s of years as an aid to meditation and prayer in spiritual and religious rites and ceremonies. An oil that corresponds with all of the core 7 chakras – base, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and crown.
- Ylang Ylang (cananga odorata) is a strong sedative that has a powerful and pungent aroma that opens the breathing pathways and slows things down. It regulates the beating rhythm of the heart and is particularly useful for sporadic heart beats, heart flutterings and murmurs as well as high blood pressure and a speedy heart rate. Ylang Ylang is also a strong antidepressant and an aphrodisiac that lifts the spirits, heals the heart and refreshes the spirits. An oil firmly associated with the heart chakra.
- Lavender (lavendula angustifolia) has a balancing action on our central nervous system which is usually under great strain during stress. It is a sedative and has a comforting, soothing and relaxing effect on the mind, body and emotions. As an antidepressant, it gently lifts and warms the spirits, improves the mood, softens the mind and moves the psyche away from negativity and towards more positive emotions. An oil firmly associated with heart, throat and third eye chakras.
Think about it, when we feel good, feel happy, feel relaxed, and in the zone, everything just seems to fall into place right? That’s what I am encouraging you to do for yourself everyday using essential oils.
So, how do we help you to get into that state?
Heart Healing Ritual
Check out my blog called “Heart Healing Essential Oil Ritual” and follow the ritual instructions.
Healing Aromatic Bath Blessing
Check out my blog called “Healing Aromatic Bath Blessing”
Heart Chakra Anointing Ritual – Negativity & Low Self-Esteem
Check out my blog called “Heart Chakra Anointing Ritual – Negativity & Low Self-Esteem” and follow the ritual instructions.
The outside material world brings us many amazing gifts to savour and to treasure but it can also introduce stress, tension, anxiety, fear and worry if we are not able to deal with the pressures, strains, commitments and responsibilities. As we go about serving our various commitments at home, work and in the community, it is easy to forget ourselves and what is really important in the process. As we battle to keep up with bill payments, the cost of our lifestyles, the satisfaction of our various needs, and to ensure our loved ones are safe and happy, we lose sight and sound of what is actually important; ourselves and our own health & happiness.
Essential oils help us to stay well, healthy and happy, we just need to know which ones are safe for us to use, and which ones are best for which type of situation. Ultimately it is also partly down to the intention that we create and by using the right essential oils with very simple rituals, they can help to lift our spirits, improve our moods, give us a sense of greater self-awareness and presence. We can then create a focus on our heart and together with the essential oils, a focus on our breathing and a focus on our heart space, we can bring a fundamental sense of ourselves back to our ourselves and we can more deeply build a connection with ourselves which is often lost during the stress, tension, anxiety, fear and worry that experience in the outside world.
The introduction of simple ceremony and simple rituals can enhance our use of essential oils, bring a sense of magic and wonder to our lives which can amplify our happiness and our own sense of wonder towards our own lives.
I am an aromatherapist and intuitive life coach that uses the power of smell together with the positive power that is in us all to create change, enable transition and empower the person to live the life that they want to live, free of emotional trauma, stress and tension. Please contact me on 07972 043 922 or email@example.com for more information and to arrange an appointment. You can also visit my website www.aromatictherapeutics.com and you can also follow me on facebook and twitter.